MetalCraft Marine (MCM) US has delivered boat 7 of a 36-boat order to Pensacola, Florida for the United States Coast Guard (USCG), Medium Endurance Cutter.
The Interceptor 7M is the smallest of the MCM Interceptor model line and offers the same controlled, smooth ride as larger models because of its design, construction and weight. This Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB) is designated a Cutter Boat Large (CB-L) and is part of the USCG Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quality (IDIQ) CB-L replacement programme. Through this programme MCM will deliver up to 46 7M CB-L vessels to the USCG fleet.
The 7M Interceptor is designed to ISO 12215 structural standard Category A, (Unlimited Sea State) and American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) standard for all systems.
- Single Volvo Penta D-3 diesel engine with duo prop outdrive that does 38 knots
- Raymarine Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (C4ISR) electronics
- David Clark COMMS SYSTEM
- Allsalt Shox shock mitigating seats
- Wing Inflatables foam collar
- Zipwake gyro-controlled auto trim and list controller
- Rapid hinged radar arch
- Long gun locker
- Full opening engine hatch with ABYC sill
- Four-point and three-point lifting eyes
As shipboard cutter boats, the 7M Interceptor is used for a number of operations including Search and Rescue, drug interception, crew transfer and anything else needed to provide services to the ship and crew.
MetalCraft Marine salutes the United States Coast Guard and their crews for their dedication and hard work to provide Homeland Security.
The MCM Interceptor patrol boat is an exceptional series of vessels. It is part of the fleet of the Port of LA Police, the Ohio State Department of Natural Resources and the Port of Corpus Christi. In 2020 the Interceptor 43/44 won the Workboat of the Year Award.